Ok if you had a tuble and miss your period how soon should you test?

It's been six weeks since my last monthly and i've been a lil sick to my stomic. Is it possible to have a normal pregnancy after a tuble?

mom034luv

Asked by mom034luv at 2:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• Yes, a tubal ligation can be done wrong. Not common but not impossible.

As when you haven't had a tubal, test after you miss your period.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• just to be sure are we talking tubal ligation or tubal pregnancy? either way in a tubal ligation YES a small % of women do still end up pregnant due to the procedure not being done properly. As for a tubal pregnancy YES again you can absolutely still get pregnant. I had a tubal (ectopic) pregnancy, and the baby grew so big it ended up rupturing my left tube and I had to have emergency surgery to remove it, and althoguh it took me almost 2 yrs of trying again I am now expecting my first child in November 2011, so either way there is a possibility and I agree with above post, test after you would think your period would normally come!
    Good Luck!
    Andrearose614

Answer by Andrearose614 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes, you can get pregnant after a tubal ligation. A nurse I worked with had two more kids after a tubal and ended up with five altogether.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 5:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• umm yeah I would test NOW. You can have a normal pregnancy, but it's a bit more likely it would be an ectopic pregnancy. If you get a positive result you will want an ultrasound to see where it is.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes :) Very normal.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes, it's more normal than people assume. I know atleast 2 women that had babies after their tubals and one was 16 years later!!!!! NOTHING is 100% but not having sex or having everything removed. Test now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2011