Do you remember you mom changing from chill to woman with a stick up her @#$! adult content

is it just my mom or does this happen to women who are jaded, already had kids, and are unhappily married?
what do i do to help her!? shes obsessed with the law and is soo uptight about everything
she never used to be this way about 2-5 years ago
my sister pointed this out to me, and i caught on real quick!
maybe she's not getting laid. any suggestions?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Lol my Mom has always had a stick up her ass!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Watch out, it's usually genetic! Uh oh!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• How old are you??
    Anonymous

• Maybe she didn't want her adult children moving back in with her.
    Anonymous

• Would need more detail...but the law is the law...
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 2:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My mom did the complete opposite! She was an emotional roller coaster because she needed control at all times.....now she's laid back as all heck! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 2:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• like yesterday for example we are rusty's pizza and we got an all you can eat salad
    we had 6 people and got a family meal that came with 4 salads, so in total we had 5 salads (only one of which was all you can eat)
    so i asked the lady if i could share with my SO who got the all-you-can-eat kind and she said sure!
    i offered the salad bowl to my mom and said here you can have it, im just gong to share with him. she made a huge fit and said "what you can't do that! thats lying, its not yours, his salad is only for him, its not right to share it!" (she was yelling this and embarassing me) so i said "WOW" and my mom forced my dad to driver her home
    it was very childish of her to just leave and not enjoy the dinner as a family (since my cousin was in town from puerto rico)

this is just ONE example of many of how she makes HUGE deals out of FOLLOWING THE RULES TO THE TEE EVEN IF WE GOT SPECIAL PERMISSION.
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Is she going through menopause or something? My mom was like BeachyBabe's....she used to be super strict and everything had to done in a VERY specific way and if it wasnt done the way she wanted it then there was hell to pay lol...she's SO much more laid back and relaxed now and alot easier to get along with lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My mom got to where she was almost paranoid around the age of 50. She had just started some new medications though. Has you mom started any new meds?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• yep shes constantly on new meds
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011