How many ounces?

my DD is 7 and a half months old but technically she is almost 5or 6 months old bc she was born at 29wks. well i was just wondering how many ounces of milk did your baby take she is taken hers through a g-tube due her her not sucking or swallowing(which is getting better since she goes to speech therpay for it) but she is wanting 9 ounces every 3 hours somettimes if she is sleeping it will be like 4 or 5 hours but when she wakes up she is hungry and she slees all night so i dont have to feed her at night. but i was wondering how many ounces were you giving your little one and how often

thanks

alw06tchs

Asked by alw06tchs at 2:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would talk to your dcotor. my son was 6 weeks early. he ate 2 oz every 2 hours.. but now hes 11 months old and he eats 24 oz of formula in a day. thats just what our doctor told us to give him. mine was on a feeding tube as well and had poor suction and he wasnt able to latch onto the bottle very well
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Well she told me as long as she talerates it I can up it so idk
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• What others is really irrelevant for you, because you have such a vastly different situation than most moms. You can certainly gather the information but understand that it has as much application for you as a cell phone choice does for your dog or cat. **grin**

Mine never took more than three ounces per bottle. More was wasted.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My daugher was on baby food by 5 months because formula was not enough for her. She was drinking 8 oz every 2 hours. From my understanding a baby born at full term is suppose to drink 1 oz every hour, so 8 oz is suppose to last 8 hours before you have to feed baby again. But every baby is different and like mentioned above your situation is very different from most moms.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My son just turned 7 months and he drinks 6oz every 3hours and maybe 2 solids a day. He also sleeps all night too so no feeding during the night, thank god.

Every baby is different if she can drink 9 oz then give her 9 oz this is not the time to go on diet. Does she eat any solid?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011