Baby Wild Birds

Hi,

I have a (few?) baby birds at my house. I have not seen their mom come back and last year her babies died. (I didnt know they were there) I don't want to leave them but I also dont want to take them. What can I feed them? Fruit chunks? (like melon?) Any advice would be great!!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 3:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pets

• The amateur can almost never save baby birds. It is just too difficult. Some mother birds eat the food and vomit it into the baby's mouth. Yuck! What type of bird is it? Robins eat worms, but some birds eat seed. Some eat insects. And some only eat mama's vomit. If you don't know the type of bird, there's nothing you can do. However, you might find out if there is a licensed bird rescuer in your area. Actually, it is illegal to rescue birds without a license. Did you know you can shoot a crow. But you can't save one? Weird!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 3:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Try google for the bird,such as ---- feeding baby Robins.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• blended earthworms, as that's what mom would feed
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011