How do i know if im leaking amniotic fluid or urine?

my underwear are wet and i dont know if its just a little bit of urine coming out or if im leaking amniotic fluid how can i tell the difference its clear with no odor its like water 

Sarah1720

Asked by Sarah1720 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd call the doctor or Labor & Delivery and ask them.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Color and odor tend to do it for me.
    How much is leaking, how long, are you filling maxi pads?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Well I know it sounds gross lol but smell it. If it is your water it will have a sweet smell to it and if it is urine it will smell like urine. But if its increased and doesnt seem like it could be urine then call your doctor just to make sure. Usually you can tell if its urine because you'll feel pressure on your bladder from baby. It could also just be sweat depending on what you've been doing.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Color, odor, etc. Also, is it a constant leak that doesn't stop, especially while moving? If so, it's more than likely amniotic fluid. call your doctor just to be sure!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2011