How can I get my son to stop hitting and pinching me?

He's 14 months old. When he's frustrated or just being crabby he will smack me in the face or pinch me so hard his little knuckles turn white. Yesterday he pinched my breast so hard I screamed (I'm 8 months pregnant and gettin in milk) I tell him no but that doesnt stop him, and sometimes when I tell him no he will cry as if I was the one who pinched him. How can I get him to stop?

xxprittykittyxx

Asked by xxprittykittyxx at 11:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds to me like he is testing his boundaries... maybe he knows things are about to drastically change.. .spend a lot of time with him.. one on one.... read him books about the baby... and being a big brother.... forget about everything else and just sit with him.. playing.. talking ( jabbering) whatever.. sounds like he needs it... and everything else will still be there when you are done!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• act like your crying and tell him to do nice or easy. Worked for us. When my son hits me I put him down and say ouch you hurt mommy do nice then take his hand and rub it across where he it me and say nice mommy's boo boo. When he pulls my hair I take his hand put it on my head and say easy mommy easy... He gets it and it didn't take long. Now he will climb up next to me and pat my head and say easy mommy easy mommy I do nice mommy.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I had a problem with this and I would put my son down and tell him i would play with him when he was going to be nice and I didn't like it when he did that then walk away from him and it only took a couple of time of me doing this and he stoped he wanted to play instead
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 12:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008