could my post-pregnancy hormones still be out of whack?

i had my 2nd son 9 1/2 months ago, but i still seem way too over emotional. is it possible that my hormones have just changed so much from 2 close pregnancies (babies 20 months apart) that i'm permanently emotionally different?

pugmama

Asked by pugmama at 12:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Health

• You will forever be changed.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It could certainly be hormones still. If you are in the process of weaning or have recently weaned, that could play into it, also. Mine are still crazy at 16 months PP - of course I have weaned within the last month also.

Also, if you find yourself feeling sad or anxious, it could be postpartum depression. After my first, it hit me big time starting around 7 or 8 months PP.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 8:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine still aren't back to normal and my youngest is 16 months. All three Kids are about 19 months apart... I do think it has something to do with having them all close together. I never used to cry when I heard little kids sing, or those silly sentimental commercials on TV. Now, I am a mess! LOL! Don't beat your self up :) I think what you are going through is pretty normal :) If you feel like something is "off" though, it wouldn't hurt to have your Doc check you out. There are also several questionnaires you can take online to determine weather it is depression or not. Good luck!
    char3monkeys

Answer by char3monkeys at 11:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2008