Cream of mushroom soup substitute

My bf hates cream of mushroom soup to the point of refusing to eat anything with cream of mushroom as an ingredient. Any suggestions for what I could use in the million recipes that call for this, especially those in which it is a main ingredient?

AngieG.

Asked by AngieG. at 4:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• any other 'cream of' soup would work. I like o use 1/2 cream of chicken and 1/2 sour cream in some recipes!! very good.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I have the EXACT same problem!! I'm still iffy on what to use lol, if its something that had veggies in and I use cream of celery, or if it already has chicken I use cream of chicken but on hamburger recipes IDK what to do! lol. I understand how you feel almost every recipe that sounds good to me has it and it is not even remotely an option with him....ugh SO annoying. Hope you find something.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Cream of Celery, Cream of Chicken....ANY cream of soup would work as a substitute.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• cream of broccoli works well with ground beef recipes... So does cream of tomato depending on what it is.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• any other cream of soup would work like chicken, broccoli, potato,etc.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I use cream of chicken with cooked noodles and one can of milk. Heat and stir while heating then enjoy!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• sour cream.....if you want more flavor add a packet of ranch or italian seasoning
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Cream of anything else. I hate cream of mushroom, and I am allergic to mushrooms to boot - I use cream of celery for everything.
    Anonymous

• My sister has said we can use cream of chicken instead. DH likes the tuna casserole I make, but he hates cream of mushroom. I haven't tried it yet b/c I've been pregnant up until this month, so yeah...
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 7:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• ANY cream soup should work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011