Where can i find clothes for my 7 month old and save on diapers

Hi everyone, I am new on here and i allso a new mom. i have a littler girl who is 7 months old but she is so tall for her age that she is wearing 9month clothes and 12 year clothes. my husband i are poor and we dont have many friends who have babys so i cant ask them for advice. where can i find some clothes for my child and daipers. i have gone to a few thrift shops but that even was a little to much, are there anysites where you can get free clothes or daipers? we cant ask family for help but they are poor to and have some issues. also i am ashamed of being poor and my little girl have really no toys to play with, what can i do? my husband does work at mcodlanlds and i am on disabilty.i am thinking about selling my wedding rings to get her clothes but i really dont want to do that, any advice or help would be greatly thankful.
nicole

butterfly1227

Asked by butterfly1227 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Consignment. You can even find ones that buy your old stuff and give you store credit. Goodwill is also a good option. Since babies grow out of clothes so fast you can find NICE things for very little. Also watch freecycle and craigslist. Ebay can be a good deal sometimes as well that one you have to be careful with though. shipping can get CRAZY.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I get ALOT of my daughters clothes from garage sales and craigslist, craigslist can be a little unreasonable on clothes. Just this morning my mother went to garage sales and got a total of 17 outfits for my 2 girls for 4$!!! Oh and on diapers I'd check craigslist, they have some that people want to get rid of sometimes, but honestly, I buy parents choice from walmart and they work just as good as the expensive brands and I honestly think they leak less, but I'd look up places around you that could help. Maybe talk to your local wic office or something for suggestions? But I think the best bet on clothes is garage sales, if you can get out, or if your husband can. Also you might consider putting an ad on craigslist explaining your situation and see if anyone can donate stuff to help you, just make sure to meet in public to be safe. Good luck
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Please don't sell your rings!! I too was very broke when my children were little. I bought several yards of flannel and made homemade diapers. It is much cheaper than disposables and better for the environment. It is no big deal to fold them while you are watching evening television. I found garage sales my children's clothes. I got a pair of little jeans for 10 cents that all three of my kids wore. If you belong to a church and they have a weekly bullitin, ask the pastor if he would place a notice for anyone who has gently used baby/children's clothes to give you a call. Also, if you sew, you can make tons of baby /children's clothes for real cheap. They don't take much fabric. You can even use old sweaters that you don't wear to make smaller ones for the children.
    country50gal

Answer by country50gal at 5:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yard sales thats where I got the biggest part of my sons clothes and they where brand new never been worn, and wit the diapers buy the cheepest kind like parents choice and luvs.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• thank u all so much for your help :)
    butterfly1227

Comment by butterfly1227 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• With Amazon Mom you can get up to 30% off on diapers if you do their subscribe & save.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My sister-in-law buys a LOT of clothes from second hand stores. They are cute and affordable. Plus you can save a lot of money and send your old clothes there.
    mommyofamanda8

Answer by mommyofamanda8 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• get cloth diapers, it's a lot of work, but save tons of money. Buy a bunch of bigger clothing so it'll last for a long time. Don't sell your wedding ring, can you apply for any of foodstamp or help from your county?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• where do you live?? You could post on free cycle or craigs list asking for free items and may have some success. Also, yard sales. Especially on Saturday afternoons, usually by then people are desperate to get rid of anything they can. You can usually bring peoples prices down a lot. I get all of dd's clothes from second hand stores on their 50% off days (they have them about 2-4 times a year- I got a like new Osh Kosh B'Gosh winter coat for $1.50) and from yard sales.

To save money on diapers, I use cloth. I love the FLIP diapers (check 'em out on youtube for a demonstration). If you do not want to do cloth, Target brand disposables are the lowest price and highest quality I have used. If you want more info on cloth, join a cloth diapering group on this site:) Hope this helps!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Go to your nearest Job and Family services and ask tell them you need help with clothing and stuff and they should give you a paper with a bunch of numbers you can get clothes from the salvation army (not the thrift store) or maybe at your nearest food pantry. And also you can go to local churches and tell them your situation and they will help you too!
    JoyLovesYouExOh

Answer by JoyLovesYouExOh at 12:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011