What does this mean?

Our school year is over for two weeks now. Today (saturday morning), i got an email from my daughter's first grade (former) teacher stating that advanced grading she gave to my daughter will not carry over for her second gradae. I thanked her for the information, but decided not to ask her or school principal about it. But what could that possibly mean?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It sounds like the teacher may have been grading your daughter differently than most of the students. Is your daughter advanced or possibly behind grade level, making her personal learning goals different from the majority of the students?? I would ask the teacher for more clarification- simply let her know you're not clear on what the email means.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The teacher hated my daughter. My daughter was far more advanced than she was graded by this teacher. This teacher never clarified or explained anything to us. Thats why i do not see any point toask her again.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Why not ask? I have no idea, but here's a bump
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'd wait and ask the second grade teacher

Answer by admckenzie at 6:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'd email her back and ask what she meant.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I would ask
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'd ask. I'd assume that she graded your daughter harder than the other kids.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Just email her back and ask her.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I am not going to ask her... That has no point. I have no influence on her grade, the best i could do is to prepare my daughter to her second grade the best way i can. She was treated unfair to extreme at the beginning of the year, by the end of the year she was graded fairly fair, but still underestimated- this is an opinion of several people, including people who never saw her before and had no interest to over estimate her. so the worst could happen she will be graded the lowest at the beginning, better toward the end. Whatever.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would ask.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011