For those of you that brestfeed over a year please read ! she loves boobie

my lil one is 15 months old, eating solids but is very fussy and sometimes dont want any at all she is just going though some stage atm but is normal i have cheacked by the doc... anyways she is such a boobie girl she love boobie and has it wen she wants to go to sleep and sometimes after a meal are your lil ones like this and still want boobie? i think its going to be hard to get her off of it, as she is soo attached to it! how did you ladies get them off of it, i dont want to still be brestfeeding wen she is 3 years old you know what i mean and i dont want to just take it off her like that any sujjestions or tips how long did you brestfeed for? and how did you get them off of the bobbii lol?

Lisa_7777

Asked by Lisa_7777 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I weaned them off slowly. I breastfed until they were 2 yrs. By that time they liked the sippy cups and didn't want to be bothered with me.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i made myself unavailable my husband would give the kids a bottle of formula and rock them when i was weaning mine. just going outside for a few minutes)and my hubby giving the bottle in a spot that i really didnt nurse my kids in like on the couch or our bed it made the munchkin awarre of the fact that there was a second person in the house that was fully capable of taking care of them and they didnt just need mommy to eat.I also spoke with my kids doctor and she told me that the fact that daddy was feeding the babys when they wanted to nurse was good and all and did tell me that it was okay for them to get mad because i wasnt giving in because it was also setting limits it sounds cruel but it wont hurt her to fuss if she isnt getting what she wants when she is hungry enough she will eat drink what is offered it will take time and patience stick to your guns it will pay off i ve done it 5 timer LISA_7777 give it time HUGS
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My oldest weaned on her own just before a year old, my second was about 18 months. She was down to one feeding a day by the time we decided enough was enough, and that was at night, right before bed. I started putting her to bed with some warm water and just rocking her. It was not a bad ordeal (so I am probably quite lucky), but it was a gradual process. It was very easy on my body doing it this way, though...with my first, she just kind of dropped off immediately one day and I was left engorged...it was awful.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I guess they just grew out of it. I breast fed my oldest until she was almost 3 . Then she started going to daycare, shortly after, she just refused to breast fed.
    mommyofamanda8

Answer by mommyofamanda8 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011