I know this is not normal but does any one else?

I work from 9 to 6 and dont have any time to eat so i go all day with out eating breakfast or lunch when i get home from work around 730 i know that my kids have already been fed at the daycare so they arent hungry. I am so very tired by the time i get all 4(including myself) of us home, that i dont even want to eat... so i usually try to force myself to eat a tiny bit of something or other that is quick to make and then after a few bites i feel sick and dont want to eat anymore. I know that its not good not to eat but with the hectic days we have in the house i just dont want to eat anything.

is anyone else like this and why is my body not allowing me to eat a half of top ramen soup (for example) its like i have no appetite at all and when i do make myself eat it makes me sick.

and what should i do other than visit a doctor to remedy this?

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• It might be the heat, too. I'd try liquids. They have the protein drinks or other drinks that make sure you have vitamins and other stuff you need.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You really need to talk to your doctor.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• the thing is that on the days that i work i cant afford the time or money to eat lunch time because we only get 15 min for lunch and the money well cause well to eat we have to get food from the machines
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wish I had that problem!! Can you pack your self a sandwich or a snack to nibble on throughout the day??

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If you don't have time to eat in the morning eat something while driving to work (fruit, granola bar, toast etc) or drink a smoothie.For lunch bring something with you. (for work I always make my sandwich the night before so it's ready to go)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'm anemic and when my iron gets low, I lose my appetite and I'm exhausted. It's a bit of a cycle too, because if I eat a well-balanced diet and take my supplement, I'm okay, but if I miss meals, obviously I'm not getting my iron. Do you think you could be anemic?
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 5:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'm anemic too and it sounds like you could be but you should check with your dr for sure. I'd try taking some multi vitamins because not eating regularly is deprieving your body of what it needs already. I'd try packing fruit, yogurt, granola bars, sandwiches, crackers, cheese, things that are easy and fast to eat at work, get a lunch box with an ice pack in it if you have to. But definatley try to eat SOMETHING during the day to keep you going. Another thing that could be a problem is by not eating much your stomach has shrunk so you get full too fast when you really should be eating more. I'd just look for cheap options that you could snack on during the day at work. So that you dont end up feeling so bad at the end of the day. Or maybe start drinking boost or ensure, that can get kind of expensive so I'd consider that a last resort if money is tight.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• try bringing some yogurts or fruit from home to snack on during the day. 15 minutes of lunch is really against the law, you should have a 30 minute lunch for every 7 hours you work.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It sounds like your stomach "shrunk". I have battled eating disorders since I was 11 yeas old, and if I intentionally starve myself and eat the way you do (obviously not encouraging it at all), I will go through long periods where I feel like I'm "Thanksgiving full" after just a few bites of something.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My hubby usually skips breakfast and lunch too, he started using vega whole foods supplement, you can just mix it with water and it doesn't taste bad (comes in a few different flavors).

Here's a link with some reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Vega-Complete-Replacement-Health-Optimizer/dp/B000G6T9EG
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 7:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011