Okay Ladies...any advice would help Update adult content

Okay started bleeding heavily two weeks ago and cramping bad..went to ER baby fine f/u with my doc on Monday...he stated prolly from coughing (was sick) and placenta previa...stated it should stop in few days soooo called doc on Wed cuz did not stop and he stated well it will probably stop if u want to come in I will check you but I'm sure it's nothing so like dingbat didn't go in....then he goes out of town for tover a week and doesn't even leave another doctor in charge so all this past week he's out of town and I'm still bleeding...went to ER last night but sat for over an hr with 5 other ppl ahead of me and they didn't even call anyone back yet and they had amblance come in again so I left cuz I knew it would be hrs and hrs so now still bleeding...it's light but never stopped...mild cramping on and off and goes from bright red to dark red to brown with stringy stuff back to bright red...keeps changing...couple small clots i guesss? I have appt Thurs or I can prolly get in on Tues if I wait....should I wait or go back to ER? I mean, if I go to ER I doubt they'll tell me much other than if baby still has heartbeat which would be great to hear that but I have 3 kids at home so spending the night in the ER is a pain if I can wait it out.

So i wait it out and the office can't get me in cuz there booked cuz he's been gone for over a week...well, gee...really?? SO they want me to wait till my appt on thursday which means i'll be sitting for hours on Thursday or go to ER.  Decided i'm not going to ER cuz all they tell me is if their is heartbeat not why i'm bleeding.  So, i'm trying to find another doctor and will keep my appt on thursday..in the meantime i'm cramping even more but apparently that's not urgent.  This is small town for you.  It's very hard to even find another doctor but anything would be better than him i guess. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I would start looking for a different doctors office, one with multiple docs in it. As for now if you decide not to go to e.r   try to stay off your feet as much as possible.

Andreamarie76

Answer by Andreamarie76 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Um go to the ER and stay there until you are seen. Have someone watch your other children and go.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'd go back to the ER and tell them you are X weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for X days. Then insist you get seen.

This doesn't apply to you, but I did hear on the news the other day that if a stroke patient arrives in the ER via ambulance they will be seen and treated sooner than someone that is driven in or takes a cab with the same symptoms.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Go to the ER, find a neighbor that will watch the kids for you...there is something wrong, and your doc should have done more for you already!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wound NOT go to the ER I would go upstairs or where ever the maternity ward is! NO HOSPITAL SHOULD HAVE YOU WAITING!!! I would aslo find another DR!!!
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Forgot to mention. I'm only 13 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• well I dont think it maters the week u are.....they need to take this seriously..and with placenta privea that ould make u HIGH RISK which means u need to be seen by L&D.......GO QUICK cause this can be threatning to u as well on many levels. GL u will be in my thoughts.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i would DEF go see a different dr if possible! ERs are not a good place to be being pregnant they're nasty and prone to infections and sickness! you may do more harm by going there!
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011