Symptoms of anemia

i have unexplained bruises and feel weak along with not wanting to eat and just not being able to handle food after not eating for a whole day could anemia be my problem and i know that i have had wic iron test and they say its at a 3 are these a symptom of anemia or what can that be?

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• your iron level is supposed to be 12! Mine is around 10 and I'm on the depo shot and if it goes below ten they will not let me have my shot. That sounds like anemia to me, I've been anemic for a long time. and when you're anemic you bruise VERY VERY easily, I have bruises and NO idea where they came from. You need to see a doctor and get on iron pills and please dont go that long without eating I know how that feels and it is not fun. Especially in summer, being anemic really takes a toll on your body with the heat. Idk why they didn't tell you to see a doctor at wic, mine do if its like at 11!
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• if it's your iron level is 3 that is pretty low. I had chest and joint pain, looked pale, was very tired, memory problems and mine was at 8.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yea if u r tired more and. Like to eat ice a lot than. Yes
    mookie862

Answer by mookie862 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011