If recycling is important to you,

do you even imagine the amount of tampons and pads you as an individual uses and the space it takes in a landfill? Would you consider using reusable menstral items to decrease your fossil footprint?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I *DO* use reusable tampons, pads and cups! I use natural sea sponge tampons and Glad Rags washable panty liners. (I have larger pads too, but haven't had to use them since I started using the sea sponge tampons.) I also keep a Diva Cup in my purse in case I'm out and about when I start, but I don't use it regularly. None of the cups are as comfortable as the tampons IMO. The tampons need to be replaced more often than the cups, but they are biodegradable.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• pads- yeah...gross and don't biodegrade because of the backing and some even contain formaldehyde!

tampons- unscented/nondeodorant kind though are biodegradable as as nasty as it may sound, are most often actually eaten by animals anyways

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i dont use pads just tampons and there is no applicator and i the cardboard box biodegrades
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Is the rayon/polyester in a tampon biodegradable?
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• the moon cup rocks!
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 12:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2008