Should i date ? or should i not?....and if i do...what do i tell my 3 year old? especially since his dads not around.

lolosmommy07

Asked by lolosmommy07 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• You should date! You tell your 3 year old nothing but that you are going to spend time with a friend. If it gets serious then you tell her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i started dating when my son was turning three. I didn't bring the guy around my son until i knew he was serious about our relationship, because kids, especially boys cling very easily. I made sure the guy understood I was a mom first and I wasn't interested in any quickies or funny stuff and that once I felt we were serious enough I wanted to introduce him to my son and include my son sometimes in things we did. He was more than fine with that and one we became serious, he would offer to take me and my son to the pool. It helped them bond very well and now my then bf is dad to my son and hubby to me. Take it slow and make sure your son likes him, I always said kids pick up on things that adults sometimes cant.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If you feel you're ready, do it! Just don't bring several guys around your kid all the time like someone I know does. That's just not good for the kid.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 7:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• if you feel you are ready for it, there is nothing wrong with it...

although I recommend keeping your dates away from your son, until you and one of the dates have established a good relationship. that way you aren't bringing men in and out of your childs life.
    Also before bringing a date to meet your son, be sure they know you have one, and feel them out, see how they are around kids, or how they react to things said about your own son..
    when they do meet, try to establish a relationship.. remember, after he meets your son, he's dating the family, not just you..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You dont tell your son any thing they shouldnt meet each other untill way later. You need to be 100% for sure you will be with this guy for along time and you should have been dating him for some yrs now your self to get to know him reaiiy good and see if you really like him. You might think you like him now and would if you onlydate him for a few months you want your son to see you with different men coming and going in out of his and your life?.. Thats not what you want you want to teach him about relationships and not how people treat you ether.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You should date if your ready and just tell ur DS that you are hanging out with a friend..then when things get serious I would introduce them to each other!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011