Has your marriage been impacted yet?

Yes, I know this gets asked every time a gay marriage law is passed, but it's worth reflecting on it each time, just to ensure there's been no drastic change. How has your marriage been changed in the hours since gay marriage has been legal in NY?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• It made us both very very very happy!

Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• *looks around in a panic* OMG!!! Um, no wait ... nope nothing has changed. Still secure and very much in love.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Really, older? Are you SURE the sanctity hasn't been impacted at all??? Cause seems like there's always someone insisting that's going to be the first thing to disintegrate. Huh, go figure!
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope!
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 7:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope. Not impacted one little bit. I'm happy for the gay community in NY though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope, we don't live in New York. Besides, whether I agree with the politics of it or not, it doesn't affect my marriage.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• LOL, nope. My marriage is exactly the same as it was yesterday. However, I could CHOOSE to make it differrent and pretend it's the fault of someone else:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Can I change my answer?? It made a tiny ding in my marriage. I am happy for the people in NY, and me being happy makes my hubby happy, and when my hubby is happy we go to the bedroom and he makes me VERY happy. So because of this new law that passed mama gonna get some happy marriage tonite. Other than that no impact or deterioration, if anything it strengthened it a lil bit.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• 2autisticsmom a minute ago

I'm torn between laughing and yelling T M I!!!!! But I'm happy you're happy, and maybe after the kid goes to bed I'll work on a little bonus happiness around here, too ;)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I don't live and in the end I am not God. So it is not my job to judge them.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011