Buttermilk and heavy cream

so i bought those 2 to make either 1 recipe or 2 separate ones. well i dont member what i was suppose to make and they are almost expired. does anybody know what i can make with them together or separately before they do expire? please and thank you.

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Biscuits, corn bread, pan cakes or french toast for the buttermilk, heavy cream can be used in omelets or you can make a killer sauce with butter, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil, mix in some grilled chicken and serve over angel hair pasta. 

I hope this helps... :o)

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Buttermilk can be used in biscuits or to marinate chicken i also add buttermilk in my chocolate cake. Heavy cream can be used as whip cream ( just beat it for about 5 min) your can also use cream in macaroni or a cheese sauce.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Were you making creme fraiche?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Were you making Scones?
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• apronCream Scone Recipe: 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup (75 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream Glaze: Cream or Milk Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/scones.html#ixzz1QPLr75p7

Sounds pretty good to me...the picture is better! Yum!

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You can make a great corn and crab bisque (or any other seafood). I take and sautee onion, bellpepper, and garlic in a half of stick of butter. Then I add 2 cans of cream corn and 2 cans of regular corn (white if you have it). I let that cook for 30 minutes until the corn starts to pop open. After I would add both creams. Season that with a creole seasoning. Let cook for 30 minutes on low. Add seafood and there you go. Corn and crab bisque.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011