She acts like shes teething...

Sometimes when im feeding my 2 month old, she'll start crying and kicking and refuses to take the bottle and when she does she'll start gumming the nipple, she'll take her bib and starts bitting it and rubbing it on her gums- like viciously (lol)- I know shes too young but can she possibly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah they can start teething that early, athough you may not see any teeth for a few months. try a teething ring, untl she's older for teething drops/tablets.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• teething can actually start like 4-6 months before the tooth ever breaks skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My 3 and a half month old is doing something very similar but he isn't fussing. Even after he eats his fist goes in his mouth an he violently chews on it. Whenever he gets a hold of the finger of someone holding him, he's not sucking but gumming and biting. From what I hear babies can teethe for a couple months before actually getting their teeth in... maybe the gums are just irritated.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• She's not too young at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Babies are never to young to teethe once they hit one month is what our ped told me however is your daughter slobbering a whole bunch? If she is then she most likely is teething my son has been since he was one month old and now he's six months and has not one tooth yet so it could be a long long time before she gets any teeth even though she is teething so dont get discouraged it'll all be alright just give her something to chew on exspecially teethers all kinds of teethers that'll need to be her toy's untill she gets her teeth in....
    WhitAndAnt

Answer by WhitAndAnt at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008