Do you think they could be wrong?

ok so my husband and i have been thinking the docs have been wrong about the due date for the past 6 months and i think i know why but i want other opinions. i will first give you what the docs say and then why i think different

Docs:
Due Oct 9 2011 making the Conception date Jan 15 because the last time i "bled" was Jan 2. i have had three ultra sounds so far and this last time i asked is he still a Oct baby? and of corse the doc just said yea and went about whatever she was doing.

Why i think different;
Althought I bled on Jan 2 it was only very light, and not normal and only for a day and half! which i have been repeating over and over. Jan 9 i was major sick and puking i have had one child already and when i first threw up the first thing that popped into my head was "BABY!" NO ONE else got sick ont his trip it was soley me and i had nothing different than any one else, and shared a room with my child,sister and brother-in-law. I took a test that day which was negative, and Jan 27 i reacted in a weird emotional way that brought back the thought BABY and sure enough when i took the test again i was positive this time. I also began feeling and showing everything much earlier than i should have{infact it was intune with my daughters pregnancy who was due in Septermeber. this includes the SAME day of finding out i was prego!} Then the second thing,which i had with my daughter and I fully believe in! I knew when i would have her, knew she was a girl, knew he was a boy, and I know he will not make it to Oct- i feel so crazy, but its this feeling i cant shake?

so what do you ladies think? could they be wrong?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but here is a bump
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It could be wrong. Due dates are estimates that can be off by two weeks in either direction. Jan 9 was way too soon to test. Of course it popped up negative. I would have been surprised if it said positive. At any rate baby will come when baby is ready. it might actually prefer a sapphire birthstone. Also note that because you've had one baby already the abdominal muscles are already stretched. So showing sooner is normal and almost always to be expected.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It definitely could be, but I think that with the test results you got, it is probably right. If you tested negative but were actually pregnant, it would make sense that it was just too early to register you as pregnant...and getting a positive a week later would make sense with your dates. If you got pregnant the month before, that first test in all likelihood would have been positive. I agree with the PP. You might be showing earlier since it is a second pregnancy. I have shown earlier every time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I can completely understand where you are coming from , i felt the same on this pregnancy also , and i am actually due any min , and i am 40 aweeks according to me and my husband and should still have over a week or so according the dr. I would by everything you have mentioned that is sounds i would agree with you , you know your body better than the docters, so when you go into labor , just say i told you so :) Good luck
    1momof6

Answer by 1momof6 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Of course they could be wrong! It's just an estimate based on the information you supply, and the measurements of the baby, etc. With my 2nd child, I found out sooner than I did with my first. My first test was negative, but the 2nd was positive. I lost weight initially with him, but I did start showing more with him and my 3rd child. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but as the date gets closer, they may adjust the due date according to the size of the baby.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i read over my post and forgot to mention one thing that makes a difference;the bleeding in jan was so light that he and i think it could have been implantation bleeding which i believe occurs around 3 or 4 weeks {right?} so then that would put the baby conceived in dec,and due early septermeber...
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• of course they could be wrong its just a estimate anyways. my doctor is a little wrong with mine because my baby and myself are measuring a little bit larger then he would have thought. Doctors make mistakes all the time at least this one is not life threatening. Congratulations! Good luck.
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I deff think it can be wrong!!! BECAUSE Doctor says we Did the Deed to make baby girl Dec 23rd...sadly i know that wasnt true the last time we had was in november .....we had been in the processing of moving from one state to another...with a 4yr old and working...there wasnt much time with one of us bieng in a diff state. I told doctor this..and he said well maybe u Ovulated LATER...ok sure...just tell me my baby is happy.....WELL when I went for our ultrasound at 20weeks...she was meausring at 23weeks....my belly was 22weeks(i have gained 3lbs this whole pregnancy) I asked how so big baby...and she said No maybe the dates are off but it is to late in "the game" tochange this. So we are stuck with a Csection date Sept 8th...even tho my due date per my lmp would be August 25th. So we will see. Nothing is 110% RIGHT. gl AND CONGRATS u can message me if ya wanna talk lol
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011