(Christians) If you believe that non-Christians are going to hell...

Why? What Bible verses do you think (or have you been taught) support this idea?

(this is NOT A DEBATE!! )

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 7:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm NOT a christian and hope I don't end up in their " heaven" that would SUCK!
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 8:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I am a Christian and I don't believe non Christians are going to Hell.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I don't know where anyone is going not even myself. I don't judge anyone..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Converse to this, it does bother me on a certain level when people talk about family who has passed "looking down from heaven." They are people who didn't follow the "rules" that those same people insist must be followed to go to heaven. The entire concept seems a convenience to me - they scare people with hell and entice them with heaven, but the truth is, once someone dies, they decide if they've gone to one or the other based entirely on how much they like/love them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• As a Christian, I don't think about or worry about what other people do. There is a passage in the New Testament that says the way to God is through his son Jesus. I don't have it on hand and I'm on my cell. So I.guess that if I'm a Christian and believe it's true, then I.would technically think everyone else is gong to hell but that's not true for me and all Christians. I think there are a lot.of people who haven't been exposed to Christianity and given the opportunity. But there are passages that discuss later chances for people to come to Christ.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 8:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• As someone who is still searching or the specifics of my own beliefs I found this article enlightening, reasonable and worthy of consideration. It pertains to the question. LINK

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• John 14:6
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I don't think anyone is going to hell. I think that only God knows who's going.
    Matthew 25: 41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, which was prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. 43 I was a stranger and you took me not in: naked and you covered me not: sick and in prison and you did not visit me. 44 Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you? 45 Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen: I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. 46 And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Knitty- please explain how ANYONE could interpret those verses as damning non christians to hell?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I might add that I was raised that all non-Christians are going to Hell. I was also told if I didn't go to church every Sunday, I would go to Hell.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011