How would you make this?

My DH wants to have a homemade version of a KFC bowl for dinner tonight, not 100% sure how I'm going to do this lol. I'm thinking making some bite size pieces of chicken and frying them and making the gravy from that and then just making corn and mashed potatoes like normal, and having him put however much of each he wants in... Sound good?

What kind of spices would you use for it to make it taste more like the original?? Luckily I have a few hours before he gets home cuz I'm totally guessing on this!

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• For the chicken I would use garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. I would marinate my chicken in butter milk first then fry it. I would whip my potatoes too with heavy cream and make some gravy using the same season as chicken excluding paprika..and add a dash of poultry season or sage will work too. I wish I knew how to get my chicken like their original ( the skin isn't crispy its soft) good luck
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• That sounds yummy, I LOVE KFC bowls, lol. But I honestly have no idea. Just some salt and pepper I would guess cause you will never really get that KFC taste.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• http://meemoskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/04/kentucky-fried-chicken-original-recipe.html#axzz1QL11VtHi

Thats a link to a copycat recipe. But I think its a bit much. LOL!
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I would probably use garlic salt and pepper for the chicken coating.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Make some biscuits too!
    suzzanna