If my son fell today and scraped his forhead and nose and busted his lip what should I do?

He tripped entering his room with his rug and smacked himself on his plastic shelf I think because I was in the kitchen washing the dishes and my hubby was asleep since he had just gotten back from work. I felt so bad because he was bleeding and cryting histerically. I put him ice on his lip and neosporin on his cuts, the bad thing is that he fell asleep 30 minutes later...what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you did what you could. lol, that reminds me of the time my son fell off the bed and got rugburn on his nose...it made him look like rudolph...lol. i know it wasnt' funny at the time but it is now when you look back!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• you did what you could sweetie. ignore the high&mighty ones that think they are so much better just because they "know everything" :)

anything on the head always bleeds worse than it is.

don't stress! he'll be bouncing around tomorrow as if it never happened!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If he show's no sign of concussion then there's nothing you can do but doctor the scrapes and hugg and kiss the child. My kids are teens and they still fall down, get bruised and get roughed up with football, soccer and wrestling. You can't be everywhere all the time.... Don't stress over it.....boo boo's happen : )

happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It amazes me how a simple question can make some people forget what it was like to be a young or first time parent. It was just a question.....she didn't ask if she was pregnant and it wasn't about poop or toilet paper....those seem to be very popular tonight...go give a wise answer for one of those questions...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental answers, they're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

<> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• how bad is his lip? if it is split it may need stiches. if just a good cut a boo boo patch may make him feel better. my daugher split hers good and it needed stiches. If he hit his head, wake him up and make sure he is okay and not woozy. keep an eye on him today,
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 11:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• When my youngest DD was a toddler, every summer she went (as we called it) face skiing. No matter how closely we watched her she always managed to go skidding across the pavement on her face at least once. She would be scrapped up from forehead to chin and bleeding, crying hystericaly,etc. You treated you littel one the right way and as long as he is not more difficult to wake up than usual I think he will be OK. How bad is his lip? My oldest son did have to have stitches in his lip when he was 8yrs old, he was playing tag and tripped and put his tooth through it.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 11:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• As long as he is acting fine then it'll be alright. My daughter fell down the steps outside scraped up her nose. My son jumped off the couch and busted his head on the coffee table, I had to take hm in that time because it wouldn't stop bleeding. Everything will be alright. Good luck. This is jut one of many boo boos to come. I have been waiting for my son (6) to beak his arm or leg because he likes to climb in trees.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008