What would you say to someone in this situation?

My 20 y/o sis took a home preg test & the 2nd line was "faint". So it's a maybe til she gets to the Dr. for a blood test- right? Well the loser whose baby she may be carrying, just got kicked out of her apt. & she got a restraining order on him. In the past 2 yrs or so that they've been on again off again, he's cheated & been abusive (hence the restraining order) Any advice on what to say to someone in this situation if she is in fact preg? Any of you who have been there, done that? And how did it work out for you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• just be there for her, this will be a trying time for her. don't say anything you will regret later. let her make her own choices and let her know you'll be there for her.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• umm well i went through the same sort of thing myself. be there if she needs you. mine was verbally abusive but not physically. i chose to keep my daughter though, and i involve him in my life as least as possible. we tried to make things work because we have her recently but he cheated on me.. i hope she makes the best decision for her, imo she should not even tell him she THINKS she is pregnant until she finds out that in fact she is.. and even then i wouldnt tell him, i didnt until i absolutely had to
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Ouch, that's a tough one. Best of luck
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Oh she is pregnant...any line is pregnant unless she waited too long to read the results. All you can do is tell her that you are here for support. Encourage her to do what is best for her and the baby.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Oh, and buy her another pregnancy test so she can retest. Waiting for the doctor might take a long while. Just make sure she does the test in the morning when the hormone levels are at the highest.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Just support her the best you can..If she raises the baby, just be there to help as much as you can..GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If he going to mistreat her now a baby is not going to make it no better it is going to make it worst.In a man mind a baby is 1 thing he don't want because he feel like the girl is trying to keep him lock down.If she is going to have this baby she need to think about her self and do for her self.F
    whatever308

Answer by whatever308 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Thank u ladies for your advice. This just sucks if she is pregnant. momofkids I hope you are wrong! -lol But if she is, she will be forever linked to this jerk! (He's the missing link! Oh, I'd love to slap him upside his big, fat cromagnum head! He disgusts me!) Plus, this will practically kill our dad. She had just finally gotten rid of him. Worked up the nerve to go to court & get a protection order against him. We were so proud of her. His whole family is nuts. His father is abusive too. And he's just a Chip off the old block. I see nothing but total drama & turmoil comin from this & lots of it! It's just a terrible situation. Sorry, I know kids are a blessing. But the timing of this child & 1/2 his father's genes is just a recipe for disaster.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2011