Grandpa on facebook...

So, the relationship between my mother and I is no good. I don't speak to her because shes mentally abusive and just flat out crazy.

My grandpa lives with her. I don't know the rest of my family allowed this, when I asked they said "It was just better to let her have her way, or else she'll blow up like she always does."

My mother thinks the world is against her when really, we're either trying to help her with her issues. I can't deal with her anymore, so I don't. But everyone else just gives in, and lets her have her way when she throws a hissy fit. Anyway...long story short I don't talk to her because when I lived with her, she was mentally and physically abusive, and when I left, she told everyone I was a drug addict, and I was violent, and all kinds of crazy things. She even threatened my friends trying to make me go back to living with her.

Anyway, my grandpa and uncle have the same name. I added my grandpa thinking it was my uncle, but turns out it was my grandpa. My grandpa doesn't know how to use a computer, and much less, he doesn't know how to create a facebook.

I've blocked my mother my facebook completely, and I KNOW shes going to be looking at my facebook and getting in my business again through my grandpa. The thing is, if I delete my grandpa...my mom will more than likely blow it WAY out of proportion, and my family will once again be afraid to talk to me, because when I left her house, most of my family stopped talking to me because if they did, my mom would blow up on them...so now I'm thinking...Oh great, I'm either stuck with her looking in my business or having no one talk to me or invite me to family functions because of her.

I'm pregnant and due in 2 weeks. I want her to have little to nothing to do with my son...He will not be seeing her, I will not let her hold him, I will not let her touch him, or talk to him (thats how bad she is).

Should I just delete my grandpa, or should I just not post anything about my child on facebook? (I.E. posts about going into labor, pictures, things like that)

I'm afraid now that if I post about me going into labor she'll show up at the hospital, which is something I really do not want to happen...at all.

I feel like I'm already starting to go into labor...mild cramping, blood pressure increased a little bit more than usual..stuff like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds familiar to me...my family babies my Mom and just deals with her but I don't. As for Facebook, delete him if you think it's your Mom getting into your business. If the rest of the family can't grow up and learn to treat your Mom like the adult she is instead of a child throwing a tantrum, delete them too. I had to cut my family out of my life because I was tired of hearing the "poor Mom" crap when she is the crazy person. Oh well, less stress for me!!!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i would delete him(her) and make it to where only your friends can view it. you honestly dont need the problems, and explain this to your family if she says anything to them, that you think she is using him to get to you..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Delete Gramps...he will never know. Then got on with things..............

Good luck having your baby!!!! Think only happy thoughts right now. :o)
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I just deleted him..Ya'll are right. If I choose to ignore my mothers tantrums, and my family stops talking to me because of it...so be it...I don't need them in my life anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• HA! I knew it! I added my grandpa about 2 hours ago, and she sent me any email telling me how I should go about my pregnancy, telling me I shouldn't have a csection when its safer for the baby in my case...she didn't know I was having a csection. She found that out through my facebook....weaseling bitch...

Now shes telling me that I should just do it the old fashioned way because I'm not a real woman if I don't...sorry, I would love to have a natural birth, but I can't...Thanks again ma for making me feel less than human...much appreciated...damn her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Forgive her and forget her. You don't need toxic people in your life.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You do not need this right now. Only think about you and your baby.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You could have blocked ur grandpa without deleting him completely. You just block him from seeing things you post, statuses and pictures..But it seems like your mom needs help and its time to leave the family behind that baby her! GL with your new lil one!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Good for you! Don't let one thing your "Mom" said take away from your birthing experience. All her comments have done is show what a hateful person she is. Good luck with your baby, and good riddance the stress that you are leaving behind!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2011