How can I help my daughter through car rides?

I have been having trouble leaving home... my 4 month old screams -inconsolably- all the way through every car ride. Has anyone else had this problem? I've heard most babies fall asleep in the car. What should I do?

evaRoo

Asked by evaRoo at 12:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe some toys in the car. we had some that attached to the straps.

maybe the mirror set that makes it to where she can see you. one goes infront of her and one goes on your rearview or near it so that the reflection bounces back to her.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My daughter was the same way. The only thing that would occasionally work was her light up seahorse with music. She finally outgrew it around 5 months old. She only cries when I place her in the seat now. When I start driving she is fine. You may just need to wait it out. :(
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• idk, my sil waited till her babies slept b4 leaving, my son slept in the car , i would just let them cio. maybe get a mirror so she can see you and that may help/ good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008