Should I trust her

My friend lets her daughters run naked across the neighborhood. She says its safe because they live in cul-de-sac and they know everyone really well. One time she even let my daughter run naked across the street. I was terrified and mad. I don't trust her anymore. She has called over and over again saying she promises she won't do it again but I don't know what to do!

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would keep my daughter as far away from her as possible. It's a little neglectful of her to allow her child to run around the neighborhood naked in to days world.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Why are they naked in the first place outside in a neighborhood? Not anything I'd let my kids do and by how you worded it it sounds like it happens often?! NOPE!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• WTF is wrong with that woman. i know my neighbors too but ill be damned it i allow my kids to be naked... doesnt matter where u live people can still SEE and it doesnt take a genius to know pervs can walk down there or drive down there and take a kid. i would call dss on her to teach her a lesson. i only say that bc its puttin a child at risk and its going to stop anything before something bad happens. Stupid ass parenting i swear!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would not care what she promised, the fact that she allowed your daughter to do this is unbelievable. Clearly her parenting skills are so lacking....Be safe, not sorry.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Are you kidding me? Wow. Yeah, I'd say she's lacking something alright.
    Good for you for keeping your child away from that sort of thing. It's just wrong. Kids don't run the streets naked and even though I know my neighbors...I don't want to see naked kids of theirs or anyones. Oh the things we deal with.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Even though we all don't agree with her parenting skills, we still have to respectful. You can let her know that you felt violated that she did not ask you first and that you preferred if the play dates can be at your home for now. ;)
    2and1

Answer by 2and1 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011