Help , Please read ... Hurt cat .

I dont know where to start . Well , I went outside to look for my cat snowball she'll be 2 this year , btw . i found her laying under our house . It was dark ish , and i saw something black on her , i thought it was just dirt , untill i got a flashlight . and Well , I got her , and brung her inside . She Has 2 Very big open gashes on her side , Shes def in pain shes meowing , she wont eat or drink . The gashes are very deep and close togther , we live in the woods , it doesnt look like a snake bite or another cat attacked her im think it could have been a raccoon . We just moved a few months ago , and we dont have enough money to take her to a vet , Im very emotional and upset right now , Im very close to her and animals . I was thinking about putting peroxide on the wounds , but since there so deep i dont know , she bleeding quite a bit , Please help , What can i do , what can i put on it , any advice , ? Thanks , and No bashing please . :/

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pets

• Call a vet. Tell them what's happening and explain that you don't have the money to pay for treatment. They may know of some free clinic or be willing to work with you on something. Poor kitty. I'm so sorry.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Do you have an ER Vet in your area? If not, cleanse them with water, wrap with loose bandage and make her comfortable. I have always used Walmart's triple antibiotic gel for injuries. You may have to use an eye dropper to give her water to keep her hydrated.

I do suggest calling a vet as soon as possible. Good luck and I hope everything works out for her.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The same thing happened to my cat but it was her neck, I literally could see a hole and blood constantly dripped. I like you didn't have the money so, I used antibiotic cream and covered the hole. Cats are amazing how they can heal ! Use the salve to cover the hole and keep doing it, chances are the cat will heal its self,

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Don't let her lick it. Get her a funnel collar if you have to. She will try to keep it clean and it won't heal because she will lick it constantly.
    I think it depends on how deep the cuts are. I agree you should try to contact an ER vet and ask for suggestions. Sometimes they will help, sometimes they won't. Or call your old vet. My aunt moved out of state and her dog broke it's hip. She called the old vet and they saved her about $2000 by telling her how to heal it at home without the surgery.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If you don't have the money to treat it, because it sounds like this is more than a scrape that needs cleaning, then take her to your nearest animal er and ask them if they can do a humane euthanasia as a 'Good Samaritan' If they can do this it will cost you nothing but you baby will not hurt anymore. There are more risk than benefits in trying to heal up a major wound with no professional care. I know your heart aches but do what is best for her. Plus if she has not had a recent rabies vax you could be putting yourself at risk later.
    Anonymous

• The vets here , Depend money up front . and wont tell you anything for free , We wont be able to get any bandages or anything untill tommorrow
    des11987

Comment by des11987 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• same thing here did bag bomb an covered it up for a little bit till it heald up more then did bag bomb till it was completly healed an let air out.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 9:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Try to call the Humane Society, ASPCA, Pets911 or some other animal organization. They might have some advice on how to help your cat, or might be able to put you in touch with a nicer vet than the one you got. Sorry - I wish I knew more.

BTW - has your cat had his rabies shot? If not, you NEED to just get him and yourself some medical attention regardless of the cost. Handling an animal infected with rabies can be very dangerous to you. Call your doctor.

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011