Is it ok to be on top during sex when your pregnant?

My tummy hits my DH's tummy, is it bad on the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Okay to be on top and no, it is not bad for the baby.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• No its not -its perfectly ok, if it was bad your doctor would advise you, but I had sex when pregnant with my son and during this pregnancy will again if I get my damn drive back and guess what both kids are completely ok
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• no its not bad for the baby...he'll just be bouncing around lol.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 12:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• you can, it just wasn't really a position i prefered cuz he went too deep into me like that, and leg crams. omg leg cramps. they were the worst.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I had sex in whatever position I was comfortable in (which was most of them)... if my belly started to hurt or get uncomfortable in ANY way I changed positions.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thankyou!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It's not bad for you, or the baby. But I know EXACTLY how you feel. I can't be on top at all, haven't been able to since about my 2nd month of pregnancy.
    Best position for me was always either missionary, or idk what its called, but i'd lay on my side with my hubby behind me, and we'd cross our legs over eachothers. I hope that helps even though it wasn't a very good description of the position.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 1:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• DH and I managed some form of missionary throughout my pregnancy. We squished the baby a few times, and he came out fine. =) Whatever's comfy for you, go for it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• definitely fine, as long as you arent uncomfortable or hurting in anyway then sex in any position is fine.
    SLG627

Answer by SLG627 at 4:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Don't use that position anymore because you will poke the baby in his soft spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009