Does your significant other touch you since you are pregnant?

This is my second pregnancy and both times my hubby barely ever touches me in a physical way. He spoke to the baby like 3-4 times since I am pregnant and rubbed my belly several times but other than that he doesn't massage me much (maybe 2x) and doesn't touch me in a sexual way. I discussed this with him but he says he does want me and he does think I am beautiful but I don't feel it at all. He's often rude and cranky and doesn't seem to understand what I am going through...my pregnancy is becoming more and more difficult (34 weeks now) but I still want him to make me feel special but I really don't and I am afraid it might ruin our relationship...I am really hurt but he doesn't get it. He either laughs it off, says he's tired or says that I am beautiful and says come here baby and starts kissing and grabbing me, but at that moment it doesn't feel genuine..can someone relate or give advice?

bianca2422

Asked by bianca2422 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some men just feel uncomfortable making love to a pregnant woman, not because they are unattracted to the woman but because they just find it weird or think it might hurt the baby or something along those lines. You only have a few more weeks so just hang in there and I'm sure it'll get better seeing as its only when you are pregnant.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• also your hormones may have risen and his has decreased, im in a backward situation with my husband right now
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i think its normal!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just keep telling him how u feel.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It is normal by husband had issues with it at first until I told him how I felt. Then we had a discussion with our doctor. After that he realized the stress on me and how upset I was. But on the other hand, I understood that he did not want to hurt me or the baby. But believe me after my DD was born, within 2 weeks he was a crazy butt with all his extra hormones. If you know what I mean.
    mamato2gagirls

Answer by mamato2gagirls at 9:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011