Can friendship be rebuilt without talking for 2 and half years ?

I had this friend that knew since I was 13. The first time I slept over at her house was when we first met. We stayed friends all through high school . We had our ups and downs . She was on the controlling side.. and I was on the needy side.. I even remained friends with her after I Had my son . But 2 and halfs years ago I moved 2 hours away. And it was like our friendship ended at that point. Well I Dreamt of her this week twice.. So I Looked her up on spokeo and I Texted her that it breaks my heart we dont talk and I Wouldnt be suprised if we never see one another again.. She texted back.. she told me she missed me and she is not sure wht happened.. WTF would we have to talk abt .. But I WANT to get to knw her again..Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. Anything can be repaired if BOTH sides are willing to really listen and open up and work on the issues at hand. Communication and respect are the ultimate deal breakers in any relationship for me. Goodluck to you hun.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sure it can. Why not? Friendships work because of common interests. Sometimes they even work when you are very different. You can talk about anything. It might feel weird at first, but it will get easier.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Of course. Just pick up where you left off.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think the thing is that now we are different people and I Dont want to live in the past. I want our friendship to be about today..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• People can be friends again, but keep in mind you called her controlling so make sure you dont' play that again!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No right twinkle I did say controlling bc she was always the care taker and I was always the Needy one. But today Im a differnent person. Since I Moved 2 years ago I Have kinda been alone so I Had to find myself.. Im angry bc I did text her 3 times in those these 2 years . And she texted me back once.. .. this was another time not today.. I felt like I died to her or something. But I Guess thats me being Needy? Which I Dont want to fall in that again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Both people have to want to work on the friendship..just try it and see! GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Me and my friend stay arguin and things and she always bring up things like I wasnt there for her grandfather funeral or her sons birth and She always say we are goin to try dis friendship again but sometimes her mouth jus gets to me and I have to stay awy before I say something that I would regret but now were cooler than ever and I hope nuthing breaks dat up cuz Im tired of giving people chance I would want a friend but dont just really need her.
    Mz.Cookie174

Answer by Mz.Cookie174 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2011