Homemade weed killer?

is there anyway i dont have to spend $10 or $ 15 on the stuff from the store? i dont have alot of extra spending money but, i still want my back yard to look nice & i planted a few floxwers there starting to grow but u cant tell the difference now. weeds grow back n like 4 days... is it possible to make homemade weed killer??

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 9:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If it's just around the few flowers, your best bet is to pull them. I do it daily in our garden. When our neighbor sprayed weed killer in her yard, it KILLED all the grass in our yard along the fence line she sprayed.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's just as easy as googling it! haha I just did this today and for one, found vinegar but I'm sure there are others. I like the vinegar thing too because it's not toxic for our earth or anything else.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• the weeds like take over the whole back yard anywhere theres grass or dirt!
    jennifer_oakley

Comment by jennifer_oakley (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Vinegar, Salt, Lemon Juice and even boiling water will kill weeds. However you must apply it directly to the weeds and not the grass for it to have the best affect. All sugar add beneficial nutrients to the soil and will eventually kill off the weeds. I use Ortho Weed B Gone and it works like magic. Cost is about the same as you may end up paying to make a homemade concoction.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Pour boiling hot water directly on the weeds (assuming that you don't have grass right there).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Your hands are the best :o) Pulling weeds is the safest and most natural way to get rid of them.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011