Moms of girls..

Do you paint your baby's finger and toe nails?

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 9:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, my kids had to be old enough not to have their hands and feet in their mouths before I would paint their nails.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I have a friend who wil not take her baby girl anywhere without both painted to match her outfit.. it's cute, but babies r cute anyway i tell her!
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes I do, we got her "Piggy Paint" and she loves having her fingers and toes painted...mostly toes, mommy gives her lots of pedi's.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I never did until my girls were older.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I'm pregnant with a baby girl and plan on painting them all the time! I think it will be so cute and fun too! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I did toes before my daughter was old enough to put them in her mouth but once she's at the age where they might go in her mouth I stopped until she was over that stage, but because she's going to end up with her hands in her mouth on and off for the first few years we don't do finger nails.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I've been painting my DD's toes since she was about 4 months old. She gets her piggies done every two weeks.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 10:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• dd is about 16 months old now and has never had her nails painted... I might do it soon because she is getting so sassy- I think she'd love having her nails colored:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• eeerr i would say no just because nail polish can chip so easily...n ive choked on paint chips chewing my own nails. LOL
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• my oldest was 18 months when I started to paint her toe nails.. it was the only way to get her to sit still to let me trim her nails.. she was over the chewing on the feet, I waited until she was about 2 and stopped putting her hands in her mouth before we did finger nails.. by the time she was 2 1/2 she was doing them herself.. she's now 3 1/2 and can paint her nails better than some of the girls I went to beauty school with.

my youngest, I haven't painted yet.. she's 6 months and in that foot chewing stage right now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011