Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u deal with the father of the baby when he does drugs and when he wont try to agree on anything

he wont let me name the baby what i want
i told him that i needed money and he said tell me what u need and i will buy it. he thinks he can get the baby anytime he wants him

Answer Question

Asked by babiigurl19 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I learned that there is no dealing with drug users. My last husband got on drugs and I divorced him. It was the best thing I ever did. Go down and file for child support and the state will send you the money and you can buy what you need without the tyrant treating you like a child.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • It all comes down to your child, if you don't want your child to have to deal with drugs and his/her father on them then take action and leave - whatever you choose to deal with you automatically placed on your child shoulders. I would file for full custody and expose him to the court, drugs are never an acceptable part of a child matter what!

    Answer by mekubeku at 5:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • YOU Don't

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • leave! you can so sooo much better!

    Answer by chelseychae at 5:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • You don't deal with the father, you report his drug use and send him to jail if that is what it takes to clean him up. When he is clean you can try to talk to him if this does not work and he does not see the child or pay child support, then strip him of his parental rights and raise the child yourself. I understand that this may be hard but for you but for your well being and health this may be what you have to do. Also if he abused you in any way make sure to seek counseling so that you can be the best mother that you can be for your child, and so that you can get your emotional, physical, and mental issues taken care of.

    Answer by Psywolf1995 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • YOU DON'T. u do what ever u want. he's not the one that fills out the info for the baby, u do. and i agree wit all the other moms. esp if he does drugs. that's not a good situation 2 put urself in, let alone a baby.

    Answer by ireshgurl at 6:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • this is me the 1 who wrote the question i love him but he left me and married my cuz and then left her and came back 2 me then went back 2 her and this happened in the last 6 months

    Answer by babiigurl19 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • I wouldnt keep him to deal with any of it. my beliefs it like the old saying theres no future in a married man well theirs no future in a druggy either without he gives up the drugs. you cant even get a job here in ga much less hold one on drugs. hugs and wishes you and the babe the very best.

    Answer by littlerose905 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • I would get your parents or a local attorney counselor (see what's available free) to help you come up with something on paper. SINCE the dad is using drugs, he is unsafe to have the baby alone, at any time. As for naming the baby, if you are no longer dating him, he won't be welcome in the room (to name the baby) unless you want him there.

    Answer by TXdanielly at 8:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

  • Why oh why did you have sex with a man who left you and married someone else? That man is incapable of love and commitment, and he certainly is not going to change because of a baby. No way should he see your child unsupervised.

    Answer by niseylee at 8:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.