Do you ask a question to a specific group of people and then find that everyone else answers it?

And it's usually with answers that have little to nothing to do with the question. I see this a lot here and I have to wonder why some people feel the need to sound off about everything.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I get irritated like if I say "mom's with teenage daughters, do u think blah?" And some dumbass will say like "no, because I don't have kids." And I'm like "was I talking to you then?"
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I don't understand your question. I thought all answers were open to everyone???
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I can understand being annoyed if someone answers a question with a "I don't know" or something like that. Sometimes though I don't know the answer to a question but I leave a comment sending a hug or telling them I'm praying for them....
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Ya, I know what you mean, like when you say "question for moms of twins" and people write and say I don't have twins but.....bad example but is that what you mean?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No, I know that if a question should be targeted to an exclusive subgroup it belongs in a journal or group, not Q&A
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Really, do you think that people who don't know anything about a topic should be giving advice? I'm not talking about the debate areas which are full of people who just like to talk and people aren't really asking for help.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If a question is asked then anyone is aloud to answer it.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• @JackieGirl - yes, this is what I'm talking about. I realize that everyone can answer any question, but why do you if you if it doesn't apply to you (well, not you, JackieGirl, but you as random CM user).

scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• yep
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 6:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011