Selfconcious

My husband is off work until July 1st and he wants to go to the beach some time during his time off. I think its great because its some thing we can do with our daughter and all enjoy.....except I am feeling a bit selfconcious about being in my swim suit in front of people. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I dont quite fit into my tank kini anymore. My belly hangs out. I dont want to wear a cover up but what if every one stares at me and thinks I just look fat instead of prego? Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly what you're going through. Its very hard not to be self-conscious when your body is going through such a dramatic change. But the best advice I can offer is to fake it. It isn't a competition and chances are that you'll never see these people again. Focus on having a good time and making a great memory with your family.

But if someone does stare or says something rude. Let the hormones fly! (Pregnancy is the greatest "Get out of Jail Free" card ever.) I used to mess with them and thank them for finding me so interesting. And if someone was rude... well... I was rude back. :P
    LemonLimeyify

Answer by LemonLimeyify at 1:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• at 37 weeks, it will be CLEAR that you are pregnant unless you are obese, which if you were, you wouldn't be asking this. I was never big pregnant during the summer but what if you just wore a pair of shorts with that quick drying material with a tank top?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Have you thought about wearing a dark shirt?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If you are 37 weeks pregnant no one is going to think you're fat. Your baby is a huge bump infront of your body.

Let your self consciousness go. Pregnant women are so beautiful. You are fostering a new life in your body! Enjoy your time at the beach!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• HAVE FUN...it will be a while before u will think about getting into a bathing suit lol. Let that babybump shine mama.....u have a child ur pregnant and ur married....Just brush off what other ppl think!! have fun mama!! and congrats on ur soon to be new addition.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I went to the lake in my bikini when I was that far along, I didn't care, I was preggo...as long as my breasts fit in it and my butt wasn't hanging out I didn't care.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I guess most of it comes down to the fact that I lost 80 lbs right before I got pregnant and I hadnt had time to get use to my new body before I got pregnant and got huge again lol. Thanks for all the answers.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2011