Am I crazy to not want a big wedding?

I have been with my Fiance' for 7 years and we are planning on getting married, have not set a date at this time. I do not want a big wedding, maybe just immediate family or just going to the justice of the peace is find with me. Either way we will still will be as one, so I don't really get the big idea. Am I being selfish?

LilSewardGrl

Asked by LilSewardGrl at 10:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. I dont think youre being selfish at all. I didnt want a big wedding either. I HATE being center of attention. We were going to have a very small thing...less than 20 people. But, then we ended up just us and our 3 youngest children. "Eloping" was easier, cheaper, and for us...just perfect. Good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Does he want a big wedding? Is your family pressuring for a big wedding? I don't see why it would be selfish if you and fiance agree that you do not want a big wedding.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Thank you both for your help! No he is find with it being just us two and the kids.
    LilSewardGrl

Comment by LilSewardGrl (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope I think you are very smart!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Thank you gammie. I'm going for it! Something small!! As long as we are happy!!! You guys are the best and as soon as we do our thing I will let you all know!
    LilSewardGrl

Comment by LilSewardGrl (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My boyfriend and I are going Vegas Style!!
    NewMama4411

Answer by NewMama4411 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• NewMama4411 that sounds exciting. Congrats and enjoy!!!
    LilSewardGrl

Comment by LilSewardGrl (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No, you are being very sensible because you are doing what YOU want on YOUR day . Which is how it should be .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's your wedding, your day, so you guys should do whatever you want. Make it anything you want - you don't HAVE TO follow tradition with guests or really any part of it. We only invited our parents and siblings (and their spouses and kids of course) and it was perfect - a 3 day long relaxing family party with very few of the normal things that people do at weddings. No walking down the eisle, no white dress, no first dance (I danced with my little neices since hubby hates dancing), etc. A big or traditional wedding is some people's dream, but it was never ours. Have a great time!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sebbiemama now that sounds like my kind of wedding...Thank you!
    LilSewardGrl

Comment by LilSewardGrl (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2011