What would you say are some serious pros and cons of marriage??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL. I could probably write a book on this. But I guess the best pros are: knowing that he is yours, knowing that commitment is yours, knowing your family is not his...and his is yours.
    Cons...he feels he has more control over you, you believe you have more control over him. EVERY decision is now mutual...you dont get to be "me" anymore...its now "us"

But...its SO worth the cons!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Pros-you are with someone you love, sometimes better medical benefits, it's easier to claim the house and money when they die so the legal benefits are better, better car insurance rates for sure!

Cons-it's easier to walk away from the relationship if u are not married, you can use the system if u are not married, ie-welfare, foodstamps etc.

I will take being married!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Depends on the couple
    If one or both is controlling,then there'd be alot more cons

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I believe in marriage there are no cons. Cons are something that never can be changed, something you can never grown and learn from. In marriage, if both people are committed, the possibilities are endless. That doesn't mean marriage is perfect, but through all the rough patches you become a more whole person and closer with your spouse and children.

BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• FOR ME--Pros- u get to wake up everyday with the person you love and want to grow older with, there is someone their for support, you have someone who loves you and want to give you the world. Help with the kids lol,
    cons--everything emmaandlisa said..
    I have been happily married for 4 yrs :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I see I got voted down. Let me explain. My sister chose not to get married so she could stay on welfare. That is not something I recomend.I believe in marriage all the way.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I agree with BeachyBabe. I couldn't have said it any better at all.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• All I can see are pros. But, that's only for good marriages. I don't really see there to be any cons. I don't see that not being a 'me' a con, because there still IS a 'me'. He hasn't taken that away. I don't ever want to do anything that single people do, so, I don't have that in my marriage as a con (not being able to go out when I want, where I want kinda thing). If we had a bad marriage, I would be able to list all kinds of cons. But I'd also be on my way out.
    Pros: having my best friend by my side. Having someone to wake up to every morning, and someone to fall asleep with every night. Someone to wake me from a nightmare. Someone to share the good and the bad. Of course, someone to help with finances, the medical is better, all the financial stuff. Oh, and all the sex I want, when I want.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sorry but the pro being he is your's is bs. You can't own someone plus if he's a jerk and cheats then he is her's too. I've been married and think it's over rated. I can't think of any pros. Sorry. I like my independence and don't want to be controlled by any man. I like men. I just don't want to be an extension of him. I like being me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2011