to those who aren't christians...

do you let your children watch "Charlie Brown Christmas"?

I'm just wondering, don't want to start anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have no children, but I will. Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean my children won't be exposed to religious concepts.
    Ruby_Slippers

Answer by Ruby_Slippers at 1:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I let my son watch all of the Christmas movies this one included.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 1:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• They can watch it if they want to, but it's not one of my favorites. It has nothing to do with any religious messages though, I just don't like Peanuts cartoons. I find them kind of depressing. My kids watch lots of Christmas shows and many of them have Christian themes. They also watch things like Veggie Tales too. That's okay with me. I prefer that my kids learn about many religious beliefs, not just our own, so that they can understand and relate to a wide variety of people.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I don't own a television, but my son has watched a Charlie Brown Christmas in the past and probably will again (if and when we get a tv).
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I do/will. It's a classic with a good message, aside from it being religious. You can be a moral and good person and appreciate such messages without focusing on the religious part. In fact I think it will be a great jumping off point for talking about what the child sees and how it may or may not be based on myth (depending on your beliefs)
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Sure, why not. It has a great message to it. But their not into Charlie Brown. Too much talking and not enough action for this generation. They watch all sorts of Christmas movies with all sorts of themes...religious and non.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My children are grown, but Charlie Brown Christmas was always one of the seasonal staples while they were growing up.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yep. My husband is christian so even if I had an issue with it, which I don't, we would still let them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yep. Why not, it's not like a cartoon is going to brainwash them into believing another religion then our own.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 10:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• She is only 9 months old, so she wouldnt get it, lol.
    But when she is older, I dont see it an issue if she watches it. She will not celebrate Christmas, but I am going to let her know about the celebrations of other religions. We are Muslim.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008