When you were pregnant with your first child, did you want a boy or girl?

I just read in the paper today that they just finished a survey and have found that the majority of couples want boys over girls. Why is this? I always wanted a girl and was blessed to have one. For some reason I never wanted a boy, but I am sure I would have been thrilled just the same if I had a son instead. In some countries like China and Pakistan, they will find out the sex of the child and abort the child if it is a girl.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 10:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't care..I just wanted a happy and healthy baby..I gave birth to a girl though :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• With my first it didn't really matter to me, I was excited regardless of their gender.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• A boy. I love them both, but I am partial to boys.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We wanted a boy first so that he could protect his sister...that didn't happen...we got a girl...hopefully this one will be a boy...my hubby is over run by girls....our dog is a girl too.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I actually wanted a boy ever since I was very young. I was the middle of 3 girls, and my older brother had died when he was 2 weeks old. So, i guess i felt jipped. I also always wanted both...and if i got one of each, would want my girl first...but i was so afraid I'd have all girls, that I hoped for a boy. Now I'm a mama to a beautiful girl (my first that I'm so greatful for) and two boys (crazy little buggers....LOL). So, my fears were unfounded. I love the way my kids came out!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It really didn't matter to me, I, had no preference.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wanted a boy, I thought if I had a girl I'd have to stock up on ammo, put bars on her windows, maybe a Chastity belt and get some really big guard dogs.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• At first I wanted a girl; but when a year passed and I still hadn't been able to sustain a pregnancy, I didn't care -- I just wanted a healthy baby.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I always wanted a boy first. I have two older brothers and loved have big brothers. If I ever had a daughter I wanted her to also have a big brother. I ended up having two boys and then my girl. They aren't that much older than her but they are already so protective. I love it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• when i was pregnant with my first, I was hoping to have a boy but I had a girl. my husband and I all we really wanted was a happy healthy baby even if it was a boy or girl. Im hoping I have a boy this time around tho..
    SadiesMama85

Answer by SadiesMama85 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011