How do i keep the connection?

My husband and I have been together for about 4 years now married for 2 and have a pretty little 1 year old daughter. We used to have sex 2 or more times a day, we couldnt LIVE without talking to eachother on the phone or at least texting. But all of a sudden, we just.....i dont know we just dont talk or enjoy eachother like we used to.... its really upsetting because i love the big lug and i know he loves me but... we're just not compatible anymore. We used to never leave the others side now we're ditching eachother the first chance we get...Advice?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Is the lack of communication both ways, or just one way? What's changed in your lives besides the lack of communication? Stress can really cause a lot of issues, and these days it's hard not to be stressed.

Is it possible that he's gotten into trouble at work for too many phone conversations, or that texting is too expensive?

I know that my husband likes to be on the phone with me more than I like to be on the phone with him. It's not that I don't love him...its just that he likes to go on and on about things I already know. I am not one to shoot the bull on the phone; I call for a reason and when the reason is accomplished I end the call. He also has really really poor timing as far as when to call. I did get in trouble at one job because he was calling me too much.

It's really likely that this is all external stuff that's causing this for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• no, its not really the lack of communication thats the problem its just this deep down feeling that has just gone away......
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Sounds like all you can do is make a choice.... work on it or let it go.
    I think that happens to a lot of couples tho that have young children. The time you have goes toward spending time with the child and not with each other and the connection gets weak so you have to put some new sparks in it, take time for each other and see if it grows.
    Sex is great, but with kids, it typically moves down on the list of priorities. I sometimes go a week or even two without it and it's not because I don't want it, but circumstances just don't allow it and although I used to talk to hubby on the phone several times a day, depending on how my day's going, how work is going for him etc, we may not be able to do that for a week either other than his coming or going to work and at lunch. I think you've just gotten caught up in life, slow down and put some new sparks back in.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• well,everything happens so fast,my marriage is like that kind of too,u just need to get a babysitter and go to a hotel for the night.sex doesnt matter,im never in the mood now.but there are other ways to communicate.just go out on a date,u guys just need to get out
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2008