Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Do you believe in the paranormal?

I have had many over the years. The one that stands out the most is when my Dad died. When he was alive, he had a stereo system that he kept upstairs in his bedroom. When he got too sick, he had his medical bed downstairs in the livingroom and couldn't make it upstairs. My dad was a big NASCAR fan, and he always watch the race on Sunday, or if it came on Saturday. One Sunday, after he passed away, I heard voices upstairs. I went up there and in his old room, the stereo had turned itself on and auto tuned to a station that was broadcasting the race. I freaked out, because I knew it had never been programmed and I had a system exactly like his. I cut it off and dismissed it. Then the next Sunday it happened again. That time I actually went through the programming of the stereo and made sure it would not come back on again, and most definitely not to that station. Then the next Sunday, it happened again. This time I unplugged everything and disconnected the speakers from the unit. I told my mom about it, and we NEVER hooked it up again and we actually got rid of the system. I think maybe he was telling me to go on and keep up with a hobby, because after that, I let go of all of my interests and that included watching the race. I can't sit through a race today, because it was one of the things we shared together, a father-daughter hobby.

If anyone has any stories to share, I would love to read them!

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 11:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have never had one personally, but I do believe.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If you hang around me enough usually you will see or hear something you can't explain. I don't know why. My husband didn't believe me about seeing people, then one night after I went to bed one stood right in front of him and touched his knee. It scared him, but he does not tell me it's my imagination anymore.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I have had many. Spirit encounters and deja vu so bad that I have to stop myself and insist to myself that I have not been in the situation before are the most prevalent but I've also experience a shared dream with a cousin.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wish my dh would have an experience! He says he doesn't believe in ghosts but i've seen one and they are even mentioned in the bible. I wish he could see one himself so he can believe too! lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• after my mom died her house was empty, my sister would come 1 a week to water the plants ect. nobody else had a key to the house. doors where open, lights were on and the temperture in the bathroom went up from 17 to 23c...every week the same thing...
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 6:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Me not personally, but my dd who is (2) was born with a caul (there is a journal about it on my page for anyone who doesn't know what a caul is, anyway she is very vocal now, talks way more than I thought she would be able to do at her age and my dh took her for a ride through some back roads a few weeks ago and as soon as they came to a cemetery she started naming names and telling us what happened to these people, I was spooked by it but she seemed excited about it, so we have been searching the graves and sure enough she is giving us names of real people who have passed..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have just had too many experiences not to believe. I have had many dreams of the future, and they came true. I have had conversations with my father in my sleep, and it felt as if I were having the conversation in real life. I have had random people visit me in my dreams and letting me know something happened to them and they are at peace now. Its not an everyday thing, but it happens too many times to be coincidence. I have even had some spirits tell me things that my husband did, and I'd ask him and he would admit to it, not bad things, but just random stuff. Maybe they are trying to help us in this life, I don't know, but from my end it sure seems that way!
    EternalDiesirae

Comment by EternalDiesirae (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011