Does it hurt when you overdose...?

And die...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• I'm going anonymous so I don't get bashed, but I had someone overdose in my house and die 7 years ago. I didn't know that was the reason he died until the cops came over and found methadone tablets in a bottle in his jacket pocket. Well, of course I didn't know 100% till the toxicology reports came in, but he just went to sleep on my sofa and never woke up so I would guess he wasn't hurting. If you're thinking about suicide, please get help. Your life is worth something and there are people who love you who would hurt the rest of their lives to have lost you.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• OOps forgot to hit anonymous. Cats out of the bag I guess. I'm still leaving my answer up though because I'm serious about the suicide thing. Which I hope isn't why you posted this.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It only hurts the ones that loved the one that was lost. And it hurts children beyond repair, and then makes their chances of suicide higher.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Well, I hope your not asking because you want to try it. I would advise you to talk to someone.
    As for the question, depends on what you OD on. Something like methadone or benzos, probably not. You would probably pass out and go into respiratory distress and just never wake up. Something like tylenol/acetamenaphin is a very slow (3 day) painful death from kidney failure that, if not treated in a small timeframe after ingestion, is unstoppable. Except by kidney transplant. So you sit and suffer for 3 days knowing your about to die. And it's not as hard to od on tylenol as people think. Most just get treated in time before the kidney failure becomes too far gone.
    You never know. Please speak to someone if you wanna hurt yourself. It's not worth it.

* i don't know what happened to my first post, it had a whole section that didn't post so it made no sense lol. Thats why i had to delete and repost.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nobody knows if it hurts to die because once you're dead you can't come back and tell anyone. Suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. Please get help. Online there is a group called the Samaritans who are there 24/7 to talk to you and help. Google suicide hotlines for your area. If you are on here you must have children. Nothing is crueler to do to a child than to kill yourself when they need you to survive themselves. If you have to commit suicide, you MUST wait until all your children are over 20 yrs old.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you are asking this because someone you knew died that way, please clarify that. You can message me with details if you like.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It hurts when they put that tube through your nose and down your throat in order to pump your stomach. Call a suicide hotline if you need help! Suicide doesn't solve anything,but it can leave a legacy that destroys those you leave behind. It is very selfish, and it increases the chance of your kids doing the same. Please, please, please get help! Call 1-800-273-8255
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i used to try to commit suicide all the time as a kid and while it doesn't hurt it will make u very sick, like torture. it's a terrible feeling, u keep puking, your stomach cramps like crazy, headaches, dizzy... *shivering thinking about it*
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011