I want my kitty back...how should I convince my husband that this is important to me?

The pet deposit is $350. I'm not sure if anyone read my post from yesterday but for quick story, we got her and didn't pay the deposit in time and they found out. So i got out of the charges and took her back. I was devestated. I felt stupid for crying over a cat, but I cried all day long. She was so perfect. I love her! And I'm so scared they are going to kill her at the shelter. I asked the intake animal lady if they do that and she said yes and i said please don't kill her. she was like oh thats not a gurantee because we are very full right now. UGH! I was so upset. That made it so much worse. I saw on the website that she is still there. I want her back!

My husband almost bought a 400 dollar tv today. I was trying to be positive about it. But deep down I would have been so mad if he got it. Because we could have the cat. We don't NEED a tv ya know. and he was about to splurge on it. Anyways, he just told me that he would save up for a cat. And i said but Sophie won't be there anymore....We have the money. But I guess 350 straight up is a lot of money. Anyways....I want her back! I feel selfish about it, but I've never had anything of my own like this. And he knows how special she was to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pets

• have you went back to the shelter and explained to them what was going on? some times if they find out that you really do want the animal then they would make specail arganments.(sorry i spelled that wrong). just go back everyday to check on your cat. even help with suppling her own food. if they find out the only reason that you can't have her now is cuz of the deposit they might make sure nothing happens to her.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The apt will not break up the deposit over 2 months? EVERY single one of mine has done that. Maybe you can ask... would that help?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Hmmm actually that may work! i'm definitely going ask.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Awesome! Let me know!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If the cat is at a shelter they may not let you have her back and if they do they might charge you another adoption fee
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is really high for an adoption fee. I know what u mean though,the kitten is special. Cats like people when u meet them u have an instant connection! Ask your husband if he can save for the t.v. and get the kitten now! The t.v. will still be there,the kitten may die!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Try once more talking to your DH about it, especially since he doesn't seem to hate the idea of owning a cat, just the money right now. Let him know exactly how much this means to you. Tell him you'd think of it as an early Christmas present or early Anniversary gift. If he really knew how much this means to you, I'm sure he will want to do something to make you happy.
    I wanted my dog Billy to stay with me for a week last winter. I live in an apt. right now, that only allows you to have two pets. I own an 8-dog sled team! I'm boarding six dogs. But I wanted just one more - Billy - to stay with me for a week during the last snow of the season so I could get more mushing in. He finally agreed, although I should mention that Billy is huge and not housebroken! I got my wish. I had the best mushing outing! But Billy peed on DH's shoes that night - not anyone else's. And the next day the snow melted. I took Billy back early.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011