What would you do if your DH....?

Recently when I was taking a nap after a long night of being up with the kids I left my cell phone on the table in the livingroom where my hubby was. Well a friend of mine that my hubby doesn't like (because her and her bf are totally hypocondriacs and like to text me every day with how sick they are or how much pain they are in, so when they do that usually I just ignore it cuz it gets a little frequent) anyway she started texting about her soar throat or whatever and my hubby (with out my permission AT ALL) picked up the phone and started telling her that she needs to stop texting me if all she is going to do is bitch about how sick she is all the time and was just being mean and he didn't even bother to tell her it was him! So this whole time she thought it was me... How would you feel? What would you do? I was super mad at him cuz that is just not how I think anyone should act and he doesn't even let me TOUCH his phone without permission... but do you think that I overreacted by flipping out on him for it?

nikkis23

Asked by nikkis23 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be pissed! I dont think you overreacted
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Oh my gosh, what a jerk! lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Tell him MYOB mine your own business.
    Anonymous

• Given that he has a hissy if you touch his phone, no, you didn't overreact. And, since he didn't tell her that it was HIM replying, also, no, you didn't overreact. He was being an asshole. I'd be pissed. He was being disrespectful to you, not just her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You did not over-react. I'd flip out major big-time. My husband is a bit like yours, by the sound of it, and doesn't tolerate people he doesn't admire, but I'm more like you and like to be freindly and helpful even if it is someone who's a bit of a pain at times. I'd be seriously pissed. Really.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No, you are not in the wrong and you didn't overreact at all. He needs to respect that fact that she is your friend and it was not his place to text her... and on top of all that he should of at least let her know that it was him and not you texting.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No I don't think you over reacted. Your S/O doesn't have to like your friends as much as you do, but he has to respect that you like them and treat them w/respect. How would he like someone doing that to you or to him, ask him that? I'd have HIM call and apoligize and let her know it wasn't you, and not to do it again, or he may just might not want to leave his phone laying around too often.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• He never leaves his phone laying around, its always attached to his hip. Very rarely do I even see it unless its on his ear but I leave mine out cuz I don't see any reason to hide it from him I have nothing to hide and I trusted him that he would leave stuff alone, but suprise suprise he does what he wants when he wants with no regard for ANYONE'S feeling. He disrespects me a lot then expects me to show him all the respect in the world. I do respect him (or I did) and even when I have shown him respect he says I am disrespectful I don't get him all I know is if I did half the stuff to him that he does to me he would most likely divorce me... Its so stupid he is so full of double standards its pathetic
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• OMG that would have pissed me off. I don't know what I would have done but he better have told your friend that it was him who was texting at least that would calm me down a bit and maybe forgive him.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Would have pissed me off too, but maybe she'll stop whining all the time now...just sayin'...i'd went off on him too though, but then told my friend that though she's my friend, i dont want to hear about how sick she always is...but that's just me
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011