Can you do weight watchers for free?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• They say you can but we all know nothing is for free.
    Anonymous

• Only if you have a friend on the inside who'll give you the information.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• One of my mom's good friends referred us to a site called SparkPeople. It's similar to Weight Watcher's so you can track what you eat and weight loss. I believe there's also tips for exercise and recipes and stuff on there. And you can join groups (if I remember right). Haven't been on in a while since I'm pregnant. But I liked the site, and it is completely free. You could try there. Good luck!!
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Pretty much, but since they changed up the way they calculate the points you get, you can't really find that out unless you join. Many sites have WW calculators to figure out your daily points, but I haven't found one that uses the new point system. I joined WW online, 3 months for around $50, and basically just paid to figure out my daily point allowance. I haven't used the website since. There is a free app on my phone to calculate points in food, and i have a free point tracker. So the only thing I gained by joining is getting my reccomended point allowance. You can do the rest on your own. The free apps I got for my phone are from WW, so they are accurate. The website has a lot of useful info, but nothing you can't find for free anywhere else like fast food points. I was pretty dissapointed i paid $50 to find out a number lol
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Ok, so what is the difference between the new point system and the old?
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There was a free to join time period, but I think it ended. I went just long enough to find out what my points were. But, I will tell you, I am doing much better by simply following the Paleo diet. It's really not a diet, you just stay away from all carbs and dairy. Your goal is to eat meat, veggies and fruits. Nothing that a caveman wouldn't have ate... LOL! It really makes sense if you look into it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That "join for free" promo was not really free. Thats what I signed up under. They waived the $29 enrollment fee if you bought a 3 month plan. If you wanted to do month to month you had to pay the enrollment fee.
    The old points system used calories/fat/fiber to calculate the point value. The points plus plan uses protein/carbs/fat/fiber. Under the old plan I got 19 points a day. The new system i get 29 points, plus around 40 for my "weekly allowance" that allows you to splurge a little.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hmmm, thank you Mavi. I will look into that. I don't want to cut out any food group completely though, I can never seem to stick to that!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You don't have to cut out anything. With the new point system, as i understand it, by taking carbs and protein into account, foods with lower values cost less points. But you can still eat what you want. Instead of using 5 points for lunch with healthier foods, you may use 9 for a higher carb meal, as an example. There is also a list of "free" foods, which is basically any fruit or veggie.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011