Mother-in-laws!! What you gonna do?

So dh took the kids to see his parents today and I stayed home to have some down time. Tonight his mom calls to talk to me. She says my 4 year old and my 2 year old are too little. I need to start feeding them better. The 4 year old is 48lbs and 2 year old is 26lbs. They are both on the tall side for their age. Dh has a very slim muscular build and they both are clearly going to take after him. All I could tell her was okay! Why do mils do things like this?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You did good by just saying ok even though you wanted to tell her off like mind your own business lady bc you know your babies eat and that's all that matters. Next time just make even shorter if you can...lol short and sweet even though you know otherwise. Agree with her just to get her off your back.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• witchTell her to fly on her broom...  You are the mother not her.

Anonymous

• tell her to pay for your groceries then
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• IDK, I quit talking to mine and it has made life so much easier, wish I would've thought of it sooner.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Beause some are meddling ole bitches who just think they are the only ones who ever raised children, and they know IT ALL. I use to just listen say yes and hang up or shut the door after she left and do what ever the hell I wanted with MY KIDS. Maybe try doing the same with yours. Good Luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My Mother in Law is the same way always meddling!!!!
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• This is second question I have seen so far about MILS! My MIL would never say or do anything like that! She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met...I feel so bad when I hear about how other ppl's MILS are! Makes me very glad I married into the right family.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• What makes it so bad is that these 2 never stop eating! They are always asking for something.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• your answer was smart one ;) dnt get into that kind of circules ,, just avoid probs when u can she still there grandma and you her Mom ...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would've told her to mind her own business and that the kids dr thinks they are perfect :) , so until she has a degree to back that up you will not be taking her advice..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2011