Looking for something new

whats some of your fav. Songs from each genre? Looking to put some new stuff on iPod

Asked by BitsMom00 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• I like "Enigma" and "Deep Forest" and listen to them off the haddrive in my car (DLed my CDs into the HD in the Minivan)

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't listen to the radio, or popular music much, so can't help you out much. But do you ever add children's songs to your Ipod? My daughter sometimes hands her cellphone to my grandchild, with headphones, like if we're waiting for our food at a restaurant. It won't amuse the 4 yr old for long, but maybe until the appetizer arrives.

So, in children's genre, I'd suggest anything by Raffi. carries all his albums. Also, any child's recording of the classics - like "Bach for Babies". Finally, you might download a recording of a thunderstorm! There are many to chose from, and these can be especially soothing some night when you're having difficulty getting to sleep.

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• early Depeche mode or The Cure

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm open to non mainstream music. I like all sorts. Wasn't really looking for children's stuff tho but thanks

Comment by BitsMom00 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I love country...I really like the band Perry...and Zac Brown Band....I am also a big Beatles fan....and you can never go wrong with Queen!

Answer by AF4life at 12:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm looking for specific songs, not just artists

Comment by BitsMom00 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• in R &B there is Avant.. a few songs by him that I like are "read your mind" and "4 minutes" but I like most of his music..
    Pretty Ricky has a lot of great songs too.. damn, sorry my MP3 isn't charged so I'm trying to think off the top of my head (I'm also on the office computer since mine crashed on me)...
    keith sweat: "twisted" and "nobody" and "my body"... are also good R &B songs
    if you want to go old school you have "be my baby" by the ronettes (from dirty dancing)
    or Mariah carey has a lot of great songs "shake it off", "honey" "fantasy" "touch my body" "always be my baby" "bye bye"
    Jason derulo "solo"
    you can go WAY classic and do a song like "goober peas" (sorry that song always cracks me up and is a classic song, yet amusing to kids)
    other genres.. um...
    poison "every rose has its thorn".
    skid row "18 and life" and "remember yesterday"
    okay, I'm sorry, my brain is about shut off for the night lol.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I LOVE "Like a G6" by.. i forgot who and "Did it on em" by Nikki Minaj.

Answer by mrsary at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Broken-Amy Lee & Seether. Never Alone-Lady Antebellum & Jim Brackman. Jackson- Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash. Just a Dream- Nelly. Spacebound- Eminem.
    I'm sure there's a billion more, but I can't's almost midnight! LOL

Answer by bbreitha at 1:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I like movie soundtracks ~

Answer by tasches at 2:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011