Is Dimetapp 12 hour nasal spray safe to use at 20 weeks gestation?

Is Dimetapp 12 hour nasal spray safe to use at 20 weeks gestation of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think my doc told me nasal spray was ok to use....but I would check the ingredients first.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Check with your doctor before using any over the counter medicines just in case.
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'd check with your doctor first.. you can always use Salin Nasal Spray (the non medicated brand).. though for the time inbetween that it takes to ask your doctor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nasal decongestant sprays are probably safe to use during pregnancy, but they're not a good idea in general. That's because after using them for two or three days, you start to get rebound congestion that makes you worse off than when you began.

But my doctor told me Tylonel Cold and Sinus is best to use! GL feelbetter. and call ur doctor to be sure/
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nasal decongestant sprays are probably safe to use during pregnancy <<< -----NOT necessarilyTRUE!! Depends totally on the active ingredient

Saline Nasal Spray is the best... no meds and really helps. Quite often the probelem is dryness in the nasal passages and a decongestant really isn't needed

CALL AND ASK YOUR DOC THIS

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011