How do you have fun without going to the bar?

I don't really like movies, going out to eat is boring, and I love gambling but can't do it. So now what?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Movie Night... at home
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Botanical Gardens
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Beach
    MommaClark3

• Nature Walks
    MommaClark3

• Hobbies
    MommaClark3

• I wish you luck with this question, and I can't wait to share the responses with my 30yr old daughter. She's single and doesn't know how to meet a guy without going to a bar. She doesn't want to go to a bar to meet him, because then she'll meet a drinker, and her last couple of boyfriends all had drinking issues.

But here are some of my ideas: Get a club membership. I joined the YMCA, which is cheaper than a health club, but has many of the same benefits. Now I can go swimming, play pickleball, tennis, basketball, or work out on the weight machines, or walk around the track, and I meet people there. I sometimes take classes through community education, which are cheap and interesting. I have a team of dogs, and three seasons of the year I can run them. In winter, with a sled, fall and spring with a cart. There are many dog mushing events, which are a blast to attend! Find an interest, and you'll find fun.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well, after the power went off in NYC 9 months later there was a run on the labor and delivery suites---give you any ideas...?
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well I like putting puzzles together with my kids. Watching movies with my kids. Going outside and playing ball with my kids. Going bowling with my kids. Going to the park with my kids. Do you notice a trend?
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Lots of stuff! It really depends on what you have around you. We like to go bowling, go to the driving range or the batting cages, go to the park for a family picnic, sit out by the lake, or have a game or movie night with friends after the kids go to sleep. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LOL>
    There are a lot of really good answers here.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2011